Thursday, August 11, 2011

Here We Go Again

So I know that I suck at life and never update. I kind of feel like I don't need to when most of the people who regularly check in on here are also my friends on facebook. Nevertheless, with my husband gone for the first time in almost 8 months, I think it's time to start going at it again. I attempted to give my blog a makeover, but finding/creating blog templates is not easy. Alas, this was the best that I could do. I tried to format the header so a picture of us would be in the frame, but blogger was being pissy and wouldn't let me upload it.
Things are moving along in the West household. We had a wonderful summer, full of adventures! After missing our favorite music event for the past 3 years, we finally made it back to Mountain Jam. It was four, fun-filled days of music, camping and meeting new people. We even got to zipline down the mountain :)
Since the boat cannot adhere to any sort of schedule, my plan to take Jimmy to a concert at Red Rocks was cancelled. Instead, we went to Ireland! We spent a week driving around and seeing whatever our little hearts desired :) It was definitely a wonderful vacation and will be hard to top.
We are still trying to conceive a child. I started seeing a reproductive endocrinologist at Yale Fertility Center. He has me on 50 mg of clomid (even though I ovulate on my own). It didn't work last month so this month I decided to be a little more aggressive and had two IUIs (intra-uterine insemination). We weren't sure if Jimmy would be home for ovulation this cycle so we had his swimmers frozen. I then went in and had them stick a catheter into my uterus and inject his thawed little dudes. I'm grateful that it didn't hurt, but am not happy that we shelled out $1400 for it. The wonderful military insurance known as Tricare does not pay for artificial insemination. It's really expensive and if we do in-vitro, we are looking at shelling out around 12k. I can't do that until I'm done student teaching so we are looking at around January if I don't get pregnant before then.
It's exhausting. I see people all around me get pregnant at the drop of a hat and I can't. There is no medical reason why I shouldn't get pregnant, which makes it that much more frustrating. The absolute worst is having people tell you to just relax. I have one friend who I can't talk to about it anymore because she repeatedly tells me to stop stressing about it. I'm not in school, just got back from a great vacation and have had my husband home for 8 months. How much more relaxed am I supposed to be?
On a better note I'm 40 lbs. lighter than I was in February and I start student teaching in a few weeks. I'm really excited that this is the last thing that I have to do before I can start my teaching career. I can't wait to work...seriously.
I'm going to try my best to post more often, but don't hold your breath!

3 comments:

Mrs. B said...

OMG! I had no idea you were really going to to it!!! I am praying that this works for you..

Stephanie said...

Thanks :) I hope so too. I don't want to keep shelling out money for this stuff!

KG said...

I to will be joining that situation soon. I'm sending positive thoughts your way hun.