Friday, May 28, 2010

Deployment- Weekly Recap

So Kim started this over on her blog and I thought it was a great idea to see how people are handling things this time around. This makes deployment #2 for me (#3 if you want to count the insane amount of time they were gone last year). Overall, I think I'm handling things better than last time; I know what to expect :)


Emotional: I think I've only cried once or twice...which is pretty good in my book. I'm keeping myself busy and keeping my mind off of how long it will be before I see him again.

Physical: Pretty great. I started exercising this week and went back to the vegan diet. Other than some sore muscles, all is well with my body. My partner in crime, however, has been sick since they left...typical boat flu.

Communication: I've only received a couple of emails so far and that's understandable with my husband being sick and running drills all day/night long. He knows he needs to write more :)

What's something fun you did this week: I went to a makeup party at my friend Klaudia's house. It was fun to hang out with new people and I bought a crap ton of makeup :)

What are you looking forward to next week: Summer school!! I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world looking forward to that, but it keeps me busy and that makes the time go by faster.

What made you happy this week: Knowing that the outside of my house actually looks good this summer. Since we have most of the inside fixed up we were able to invest some money into landscaping. It was fun spending the last few days with my husband playing around in the dirt.

What made you sad this week: Well...saying goodbye last week was pretty lame. This week...probably my class being canceled after I already bought the books and having to scramble to find another class to take. Arthurian lit. here I come (barf).

What do you miss the most: Reaching over and feeling my husband in bed. I like knowing that he is there.

How's Floyd and Layla this week: Floyd was a little sad at first. He knows that Daddy and I always fold clothes together on the bed, and when I did it the other day, he had this sad face on and kept looking towards the door. Layla has loved that she no longer has to fight with Daddy to sleep next to me :)

Pictures from this week: Nada...will work on that.

3 comments:

KK said...

I'm glad you did this! I think it will be fun to do the same thing every week and see how things change as the months go by!

Stephanie said...

I agree...good idea :) As usual...you're way more creative than I! We should get together before you leave for WA.

KK said...

Aww thanks!

We should! We can do dinner (I can cook or we can even go out!!!!) My MIL & SIL will be here in a few weeks so I will have free child-watchers for about a week and a half!

Also I'm having a carepackage party a week for sunday. The e-mail will be going out about it soon.