Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A new year :)


So, as I'm sure you can tell due to the lack of updates, my husband has returned home. He just went back to work today after two weeks of leave. We've been so busy the past month that it has flown by and though we didn't get much accomplished around the house, we did get to see family on both sides and got to travel to some fun places. We just got back from visiting his family in CA and WA. We drove from Oakland, CA all the way up to Tacoma, WA. The drive up the coast was incredibly beautiful and we stopped in Napa, the Redwoods, and Portland, OR. We had a wonderful time visiting everyone but we're happy to be home in our little bubble. We left 50 degree weather to come home to about 3 feet of snow. Apparently the weather here has been a little crazy and I'm hoping it stops before school starts up for me next week. This will be my last full semester of classes (I'm taking two this summer, but I love summer classes so I don't count them) and I'm so excited to be done with that. I student teach in the fall (unless I get pregnant) and then I'll pretty much be done. It will be nice once I'm finally finished with everything.
So my hopes for this new year are to be happier and healthier, and to hopefully get pregnant. I've been off the pill for a year now but with my husband being gone for the majority of last year, we didn't get much of a chance to try. It's been a little hard seeing so many people I know get pregnant super easily and I'm on cycle 4 of trying. I'm hoping now that Jimmy is home things will happen but you never know. We're both headed to the doctors soon if it doesn't work. They say that couples our age should wait a year before seeing a doctor but with my husband's schedule of being gone all of the time, we never have an entire year to try. So, we'll fib a bit and make sure that nothing is wrong with either of us. I'm looking forward to a great 2011 and wish the same to all of you!

No comments: