Saturday, February 14, 2009

I got my ring :)


So everyone pretty much knows that Jimmy did some random, kinda cute, over the phone proposal while he was in Bahrain part 3. Things spiraled from there when I found out that the place I wanted to get married at only had 3 dates left for 2009. I booked my wedding and a whole bunch of other "wedding funness" before i got a proper proposal. Well last night we went to Fall River, MA to see the Wood Brothers (check them out...we've seen them 4-5 times) and celebrate V-day (he has duty today). Apparently Fall River has a huge Portuguese population and I've never sampled their food so we went to a nice restaurant before the show. A nice bottle of red wine, littleneck clams, two fantastic entrees and dessert...then he mumbles something and plops on his knee in front of me. I don't really remember what he said...something along the lines of "I love you, we've seen the Wood Brothers a bunch of times and we've always had a great time, let's make this one really memorable, marry me". Don't quote me word for word on that. So I got the most beautiful ring in the world from the most wonderful man in the world. It is a 1 ct. marquise cut diamond in a cathedral, white gold setting. It sparkles a lot :) So today my parents are coming down from NY to look at my candidates for wedding dresses and hopefully we will purchase one today! I won't feel like a schmuck anymore trying dresses on without a ring. YAY! 11/7/09 folks :)

8 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Congratulations Steph!!!! The ring is STUNNING!!!!! So happy for you two!

Stephanie said...

Thank you!!!
P.S. the video of your daughter saying her name is adorable :)

KK said...

YAY!!!! Justin has duty today also.....boooo!

I'm so happy for you 2!

Joe and Samantha said...

:) so so so so pretty. Can't wait to see it in person this next weekend.

What a great VDAY weekend!

Stephanie said...

I know!! I can't wait to show you :)
Ohhh and your V-day breakfast sounded fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. So happy to have you as my future daughter-in-law! kfc

Unknown said...

Congrats! It is a lovely ring. I remember when I got engaged, all I could look at was the sparkle on my ring...especially in spot lights!
I hope you enjoy all the fun parts of planning a wedding. :)

Miss Hope said...

Proposed to here on Valentine's also! Will remember it forever!

Gorgeous ring and sweet story to go with it. You can now walk around with the Broke Wrist Syndrome!