Friday, February 20, 2009

Midday Musings

So I feel like I don't update very often, and I would, except there isn't much going on in our world this week. My parents came up on Saturday and we were in and out of the bridal salon in twenty minutes. I picked the dress that I posted in my blog and am super happy with my decision. My dad didn't even blink at the price tag :) The good news is there is no tax on my dress and I get free alterations which is fantastic because I plan on losing weight. I started Weight Watchers again this week. I gained a good 5-8 lbs. since Jimmy has been home (beer mostly) and I want to lose...uhhh probably at least 30 before the wedding. It won't be easy since my body likes to stop losing around 175, but I'm going to give it a whirl and start exercising too. Jimmy offered to buy me and eliptical machine but I'm going to hold off on that for a while (expensive) and just try to go to the gym or take Floyd for long walks. I weighed myself yesterday morning and had lost 8 lbs. already (which isn't normal at all). That is the first week though...then it drops dramatically every week after. So I'll probably update on how that is going. You're supposed to look you best on your wedding day so I'm going to attempt to get there :)
Other than that our home inspection got pushed back to Tuesday because the seller's realtor wasn't there for the gas company to turn the gas on. Jimmy pretty much lost it that day...I hadn't seen him that angry in a long time. It was F this and F that and then he decided (good call) to talk Floyd for a walk to blow some steam off. I understand his frustration and try to be sympathetic but I hate when he gets like that so I just try to ignore him until he comes to me about it. We haven't had much luck in the house buying game and we really like this house and are so ready to move. He hates living here (and he's only lived here for a total of 2 months) and we want a yard for Floyd and a place to bring our babies home to. God just enjoys watching us squirm. Things will work out the way they are supposed to...we just have to be patient.
Our relationship as a whole has been better than ever. I was really worried that when he came home we would have a horrible time readjusting, but it hasn't been like that at all. We're so much happier together than we were even a year ago. We are planning our future and are committed to making each other's goals come true. After we had our offer accepted on the house I started freaking out over the cost and if we could realistically afford it. Jimmy sat down on the computer and came up with a spreadsheet of income and debt. He showed me how we could afford it on his income alone. I kept saying how I should really get a full-time job but I wasn't sure how I could do that and go to school an hour away. He looked at me and said, very sincerely, that all I need to focus on is school and that I'll be making good money afterward. It's reassuring and comforting to know that the person you're going to marry really believes in you and vice versa. In a couple of years we're going to be in a fantastic place financially and then we can start making babies :) I'm so excited and optimistic for the future and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him!

2 comments:

KK said...

I hope everything goes well with the house!

I'm glad everything is going good with you guys, and i'm glad you got that dress! You are going to look so great!

We still need to hang out!

Anonymous said...

Ah...kfc