Thursday, April 30, 2009

Peace out Sailor

So I guess it's safe to say that the boys have gone underway again. This past week has been absolutely miserable for Jimmy. He stayed at work on Monday til 5:00 am on Tuesday, came home and I dropped him off at work at 9:00am, he had duty that day, was supposed to leave on Wednesday but something broke, I get a call at 10:00pm to come and get him because the higher ups finally decided to let the boys leave, then I dropped him off at 7:30 this morning and they finally left. Why did he have to be there you ask? Not entirely sure since when he would call me he'd usually say that he was doing nothing but still had to stay. This makes both of us livid. I am fine that he has to go on underways and on 6 month deployments. I understand it. What I don't understand is why they insist on keeping the men til all hours in the night when they are home in port. For Christ's sake, they work their asses off and are away from their families ALL THE TIME. Let them come home and spend time with the people they love once in a while. Fucking ridiculous...
In true "day of Jimmy leaving" fashion....something bad happens. This time, as I'm getting ready to spread the last of the mulch down, my screen door falls off and pulls most of the door frame with it. Fantastic. After crying and kicking things for a minute I call my dad and he tells me what to do. I go to Home Depot (I swear, I am there at minimum 3 times a week) and get some deck screws. I manage to screw the frame in, and put that big ass door back on, all by myself. So screw you screen door!! 
Other than that I am planning on getting as much stuff unpacked, put together, painted, etc around the house before Jimmy gets back. My parents are coming up next weekend so I have to set up the guest room. I'm also having a Lia Sophia (jewelry) party next Saturday night at 6 if anyone would like to come :) So far it's just me and my mom.
To my fellow Alex ladies, hang in there, and damn the man, not your husband.

3 comments:

KK said...

I hadn't seen Justin since monday morning at 3am....so when he came home last night I was sooo excited! They had to stay late last night for punishment for something they didn't do.

Let me know what days your free for dinner and we will work something out! I think I will come to your party but I don't know for sure yet.

Stephanie said...

Well if you need me to pick you up to come over I can do that...if not I invited Jennalei and Brianna as well (not sure if it got to their email inboxes), so if they wanted to come maybe one of them could drive you.

Yeah the whole not seeing them was really pissing me off :( I was going to break them out!

I'm free all next week...just doing stuff around the house.

Joe and Samantha said...

I should be there :) Remind me as it gets closer :)