Sunday, April 26, 2009

Update






So I know I'm lazy and I apologize for not updating more often, but I've been busy. The past couple of weeks have consisted of unpacking and doing yard work. I have found that I enjoy being outside and digging up dirt. The previous owners of our house loved plants and even had a garden area set off in the back. It took me two days but I cleared it and started planting. So far I only have lettuce and carrots but plan to add more lettuce and some zucchini. I have also planted rosemary, lavender, basil, chives and parsley along the back row. I have pansies around my mailbox and marigolds around my garden. The weather this past weekend has been fantastic! I went up to NY for my friends Meaghan and Rich's wedding. I've known Rich since I was 12 and Meaghan since I was 15. It's so nice when two of your closest friends marry each other. It took them 6 years to actually get together and I was very honored to be part of their special day. We had so much fun at the wedding and I woke up with a HORRIBLE hangover yesterday...just in time to meet with my florist and priest!! YAY! I got all of our flowers picked out and am currently picking out readings for our wedding. Our priest, though 80 years old, is very personable and down to earth. I started mailing out our save the dates and am finding that trying to get addresses out of a man is near impossible (Karyn, I'll be emailing you soon). All in all it's been a nice couple of weeks and we're getting ready for Jimmy to be leaving again soon. It feels like he got back yesterday and I'm not ready to be without him yet :(

Pics from top left to bottom:
1. Jimmy trying to figure out why our brand new lawnmower doesn't want to work anymore...after over an hour of trying we took it back and got one that does work!
2. My vegetable and herb garden
3. Jimmy and I at the wedding...towards the end....I am very intoxicated...note the dumb smile
4. Meaghan and Rich exchanging vows!
5. Me, Kaela, and Tiffany celebrating in the limo :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look so good. Love JW's suit. Nice area you cleared for garden. Yes email and I'll see what I can do. I was going to talk to Jimmy about list of people since I have not heard :) kfc

Joe and Samantha said...

I like that color on you Steph. :) Pretty.

I miss you.
Joe and I are inviting you for dinner when the boys are underway. (No idea when that is) - but you're invited!

KK said...

I got the save the date card! I told Justin that he has no choice we are going.

I have your box for next month ready! You should come over and we will do dinner and I can give it to you.

Stephanie said...

Thanks ladies. Dinner sounds fabulous. Sam I''m almost done with your box!