Sunday, December 5, 2010

Deployment Recap- Week 28

Emotional: I got to spend a couple of days in Athens and then met up with my husband's boat in Cyprus for 5 fantastic days. I still cried like a little girl when we had to leave even though I knew he'd be home soon. I'm so grateful that I had the opportunity to see some amazing sites and that I spent some quality time with him.

Physical: Good! I was really run down overseas for a the first few days or so (I got 17 hours of sleep in 4 days) but I felt much better after getting a good night's sleep with my husband next to me. I ate a lot of really awesome Greek food and now I'm starting Weight Watchers all over again and am determined to stick to it.

Communication: I just got my first email this morning since when I last saw him. Obviously communication was great while we were together. We only got snippy with each other when we got lost and ended up walking around for 2 hours in search of a restaurant we both agreed on. We laughed at each other after I reminded him that he loves me, even when I am completely indecisive.

What's something fun you did this week: Well saw a bunch of stuff in Athens, took a 3 island cruise of the Saronic Gulf, saw my husband, got drunk with my husband and some sailors (I can't keep up), took a jeep safari through the mountains of Cyprus, basically had the time of my life. More recently, I got my Christmas tree and am starting to decorate for the holidays.

What are you looking forward to next week: Being done with presentations? I'm in crunch time at school so there isn't much to look forward to until it's all over...which happens to be right before my husband gets home.

What made you happy this week: Spending time with the man whom I love

What made you sad/mad this week: Saying goodbye to my husband...even though I know I'll see him again really soon, it doesn't make it much easier.

What do you miss the most: Watching him sleep...it was nice to be able to do that for a little while.

How's Floyd and Layla this week:Layla is Frankenkitty after her surgery. She is doing well and gets her stitches out tomorrow. Big thanks to Kim for taking care of her while I was gone. Floyd is happy to be home and is anxiously awaiting the arrival of his Dad

Pictures from this week: Blogger doesn't seem to like my Mac so it doesn't let me rearrange pictures easily. The top two are of the husband and I at various points during our safari of the Trodos Mountains in Cyprus. The bottom left is me kissing him for the first time in 6 months and the bottom right is me in front of the Parthenon in Athens, Greece.

No comments: