Thursday, May 15, 2008

Eh...

So things are plodding along here. Everything is basically put away...except for the cds. The monstrosity known as Jimmy's cd collection. I honestly have no idea how many he has but it's a lot. We spent last night going through and alphabetizing them...we're only on letter N. I'm not used to sea duty life and I'm not entirely psyched about my boyfriend being away for six months. On a better note he'll be able to FINALLY see other countries than this one so I'm really happy for him because I know how much I love to travel and can't wait to hear the stories he'll have when he comes home. As for myself I think having six months of no Jimmy may not be such a bad thing. I can focus on myself and things that I want to do. I'm hoping to figure out a gameplan for getting my Master's and I wouldn't mind developing some new hobbies or rediscovering old ones.


Tonight we're going to a deployment briefing with other sailors and their wives/girlfriends. I'm hoping to maybe make some aquaintances so I'm not alone once he leaves.


On a better note California's Supreme Court has overturned a ban on gay marriage paving the way for legalization of homosexuals in the state. I'm really excited and think that this is an important step in moving forward for gay rights. My whole theory on gay marriage is basically this: Heterosexuals have screwed up the institution of marriage so badly that we might as well let the gays have their shot...they maybe able to teach us a few things.


Here are a few pictures that I took of Jimmy and Floyd...


P.S. I miss Jimmy's facial hair


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie...this is fun to read. Funny that Jimmy's goatee is the same color as Floyd's spots! LOL

Anonymous said...

P.S. oh...forgot to sign off on the above post as being from me...Karyn aka Rickabob