Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mother F*cker

So I was having a decent week back...until today. Everyone knows that my job is not something that I'm particularly happy with...but I do it...because I'll be bored if I don't and Jimmy would kill me..and I don't like being unemployed. I accepted the job because Jimmy was leaving on deployment in a week and I didn't want him to have to pay my bills. So I took the low-paying job with high hopes of moving up quickly and getting health insurance again. Since I've been there it's been nothing but problems. Their philosophies are completely ridiculous and stupid. I can't put my 1 year olds in a high chair because it's "too restricting". I can't discipline the kids...no time out...we use redirection! The parents are allowed to walk all over the staff (case in point, we currently have a mother who has spread complete lies about me to my supervisors...thankfully they don't believe her...but still...no one told her that she needs to stop causing problems or they will kick her daughter out). I've dealt with 7 screaming babies at one time...and no one being able to sleep because the cribs are in the same room as the play room. I've taken this all in stride...until today.
One of my co-workers has another job and works a few nights a week because we get paid crap (I get 11.25/hour...she gets 9.50). We noticed that the mid-shift didn't have to stay til 5:30 because we drop to 3 kids by 430..so we change the midshift. It's been working great. My supervisor decides today that she wants to change it back...and is giving us reasons that do not make sense. On top of that...she wants or late shift back to 10:30-7. Now please explain to me why, when our last child leaves at 6:20...and it takes 10 mins to close up...she wants us to stay to 7? Because on the slight off-chance that Vivian stays 10 mins later...she doesn't want to pay us overtime. And when we told her we'd lose a 1/2 hour if we left on time...she said we could find something to do until 7. WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO STAY AT WORK TIL 7 WHEN THEY CAN GO HOME???!!!??? So for the first time in my life...I spoke up for myself. I don't think she liked it...but I refused to sit there and have her talk to us like children...refusing to listen to us...and making a snap decision. So...I'm going to talk to her supervisor when I get a moment and explain that I have no problem working later if there are kids that actually stay later, but since they don't, I don't see a need to stay! I am so fed up and am going to try to find another job so I can throw my two week notice in her face. Does anyone know anywhere I can work that pays decently? I don't even care about benefits at this point.
It gets better. I come home and talk with my neighbor who informs me that our landlord is going to start charging for heat. Now we pay enough to live in this apartment, that if we weren't so pressed for time we would never be here, and the heat is included in this. That was a perk for paying a slightly higher rent. So I'm sitting here going....fuck me. Jimmy has sent him checks through february and I can't move because I can't start another lease somewhere because I don't have a POA...so we're stuck. All I wanted to do was save our money during deployment and I just keep running into problems left and right.
The icing on the cake....my computer has a virus and I can't get rid of it.
Someone shoot me please.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how much is your electric?

Is she making you pay the heat as you use it? or as an over all kind of thing?

If your electric isn't that high, and if it would actually help things I'd suggest getting space heaters for each room. That's what I'll be doing. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay 500 dollars JUST to keep our house at 70 degrees during the winter!! It's because of the damn pilot light, I know it is. Once we turned it off our utility bills dropped to about 100-200 for water, sewer, electric.. all that jazz.

Anonymous said...

*oh and it didn't go up with running our A/C so I know a space heater won't do anything either.

Stephanie said...

Uhhh our last electric bill was $65. He's going to pro-rate it (which is good because we live in the basement-esque part of the building..but I don't know how much he's going to charge. So I have to pay it...I think the people next door are going to move lol

Joe and Samantha said...

Ugh. I'm sorry.:( Sounds like a bummer day.

:) Come live with me.