Tuesday, September 2, 2008

You've Got Mail??!!??

So everyone knows that the boys are silent now...meaning no communication with them whatsoever for the next way too long to tell. I've actually been looking forward to this due to our email arguments and me being upset that I tend to have a one way conversation with myself because someone can't take a minute out of his day to say "hey, I love you, not much else to talk about" (we've already discussed his poor emailing...he knows he sucks at it...he told me he'd make an effort to write to me more often). So it's been pretty nice not obsessively checking my email or keeping my phone on vibrate in my pocket. I go on break today...and low and behold...I have an email. Hmmm...not expecting that and have no idea how it was sent out. It was a nice boring email...just like I told him to write. I also got a funny card in the mail too...it made me laugh. It's really hard to stay mad at him...we resolved a few things while he was in port but our "hate" mail was the stuff of legends. I send ultimatums...he tells me to cut the shit out...we're both right in different ways. Ugh...as much as I hate to say this we should have just eloped before he left and not told anyone...then we wouldn't be arguing about this crap. I did get my credit card in the mail today so I can go visit Jimmy when he pulls in to port. I'm feeling a little better about things but we still have a few kinks to work out. Until then I play the role of wife minus the ring...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh man. so been there (sucky e-mails or no e-mail part)

still there. hahaha