Sunday, September 7, 2008

Someone please explain this to me...

So I've been needing a new pair of kick around shorts to wear since my gap ones are completely dead. I'm doing my grocery shopping in Wal*Mart and I look over and find exercise shorts for 5 bucks. Great deal! I'm now wearing my shorts and pondering to myself...why are shorts super short these days? Seriously...all I want is for them to go mid-thigh...but no. They barely go past my ass. Now...I bought a large..because let's face it...I'm nowhere near small. Wouldn't you think that someone who buys that size should have a little more fabric? My thighs are my least favorite body part...they aren't cute and slim... I'm going to start making my own damn clothes!
On a good note Samantha and I went bar hopping in Mystic last night to celebrate the sorta 1/3 way through deployment! We had amazing pizza...great wine, pumpkin beer...and dessert! She had tiramisu and I had a fruit tart. And of course one must have dessert drinks with dessert. So I had a milky way martini and she had an espresso martini. Then one wasn't enough so we had a pomegranatini and a pear martini. Oh gosh sooooo good! We had a great time laughing and talking about our men. So cheers to 1/3 way...I'm sure we'll celebrate 3/8 or some other random fraction...any excuse to drink and have fun!

No comments: