Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Is December over yet?

You think this month would go by a little quicker since I'm so damned busy...but of course God likes to smite me whenever he can. I am thankful that I have things to do this month...November was a bit of a bust...mostly me moping because I wasn't working. I will hopefully start substituting soon for New London and North Stonington school districts. My interview with N. Stonington is tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. I've been on plenty of interviews but never really one for teaching so I hope I make a good impression. It's not guaranteed work but I'm hoping if I get accepted at enough districts I'll be called in a couple times a week. 
Other than that I went to a Christmas party last week with my mother. Her high school friend throws a huge party at his house every year. I always make fun of my mother for over decorating...she doesn't hold a candle to these people. Three trees, a real santa, and more ornaments than the North Pole. I got to sit on Santa's lap and I told him that all I want for Christmas is for Jimmy to come home safe and sound. That really is all I want....I have no need for material things...him being home would be the greatest Christmas present ever. Well...maybe a diamond ring too. Speaking of that I went to a beautiful park today called Harkness Park. An old Greek revival mansion, with gardens, right on the ocean. Engagement pictures....totally :) Can't wait!

1 comment:

KK said...

I LOVE Harkness park! Thats where we get all of our pictures done. During the summer is amazing they have the most beautiful flowers!