Sunday, December 28, 2008

Post Christmas Musings



So I had a pleasant Christmas, minus getting a ticket on my way to my parents house. I helped my poor father with his shopping for my mother. Every year he drags me out to brave the last minute crowds. I finished my shopping a month early specifically to avoid said crowds. For those of you that don't know, I have mild claustrophobia when in some crowded places...and malls make me feel ill in general. I'm not a shopper. We ran all over Queensbury, then down to Saratoga because I made my mother take me to one of my fav restaurants for lunch. Mmmm duck sandwiches (Jimmy is jealous). We went out to the Olive Garden for dinner where my dad and I got our wine buzz on. I was able to see my friend Kaela, who lives in Chicago. I miss having my friends all in the same town, but I guess that's what happens when you grow up, you move. 
I was the first one up on Christmas day....my internal Floyd alarm clock wakes me up at 7am. So my dad blares obnoxious christmas music to wake everyone up. I put Layla on everyone's bed...including my brother who is allergic :) My mother swore she wouldn't go overboard with presents this year, she lied as usual. We always have presents spewing out everywhere...as well as stockings. So I got some sweaters, lacy panty things that Jimmy should like, a gift card to Sephora, a transmitter for my ipod to play in the car, some children's books :) and a bunch of other stuff. The only thing that was missing was Jimmy. I typically hate Christmas, but we've always had good ones together. Waking up and opening presents under our mini-tree. I'm not going to lie and say that I wasn't sad, but we'll have our Christmas together soon.
Speaking of Jimmy, he decided to wait until this last port to skype with me....and I was in NY. So I had a broken conversation with him on x-mas eve, he had duty on x-mas day, and never called me the day after. I went to Sam's for dinner thinking I was in the clear, but he calls me! Sam, being nice and sharing, set up her computer for me so I could skype with Jimmy. Oh how I wish we had done this from the beginning. It's so much better to be able to see him. We talked for two hours that night...making faces at each other and laughing. He called me again last night and I was able to show him Floyd and Layla. He misses his dog...and I can't wait for them to reunite. I said goodbye through tears and know that I will see him again for real soon.
I didn't take any pictures but I stole the ones from Kim's blog. Jimmy with his molest-a-stache. He plans on keeping it when he walks off the boat...and shaving it as soon as he gets home!
I'm off to go spend the money that Karyn gave me for Christmas (thanks!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear he plans to shave it off! What did you buy? kfc

Stephanie said...

I went to Victoria's Secret for their semi-annual sale and bought a crap ton of bras and panties. I desperately needed new bras so, thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Color coordinated I hope!

Joe and Samantha said...

Yeah. She did good!
Steph's hot. :)