Monday, December 1, 2008

Running around with my head cut off...

So today is December 1st and that means that deployment will be over with soon enough. I'm looking forward to not taking care of everything and to actually talk to Jimmy and get a response right away...instead of waiting for emails that may or may not come. I had a lovely Thanksgiving at home with family and friends. My life is in a state of chaos at the moment. I'm trying to get everything packed up so when Jimmy comes home...we can move as soon as we find a place. I looked at a townhouse today that seemed decent enough...in the good part of New London..with a dog park down the street. I'm still pushing Jimmy to move into housing...he's just not into it. I'm thinking it should either be that or we get a house. Living off base won't save us any money. I would personally like to get a house but with the creditors not lending much these days...I'm not sure if we can afford a monstrosity of a down payment...and get married in the same year. This is all fun stuff we can figure out once he gets home. Wedding plans are a go....I'm apparently planning a wedding without being formally asked to get married. This is typical Jimmy and Stephanie...we can't do anything right :) So hopefully I'll be getting a date and place soon...then we'll do the ring shopping when he gets home. I am making him get down on one knee and asking even though we've already agreed to this. It won't feel real unless he does it properly. I'm off to NH tomorrow to shop with my aunt for my cousin's bridal shower. Everyone is getting married and having kids! It's nuts...and looks like I'm jumping on the bandwagon too :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) kfc

Cora said...

Getting married?!

Ooooh, I think I missed something. A BIG something at that!