Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Good Day

So despite the techs having to order another part for my busted washer, cause the first two weren't the right ones, today was still a good day. Jimmy called me and we talked for over an hour. We're going to see Steve Winwood in NYC when he comes home and since I caved on that I asked if we could do something that I wanted to do. He assumed I wanted to tour the UN building...not quite. I told him I'd like to go to a jeweler that specifies in antique and replica engagement rings. He said ok....no really I swear he did. Then he starts talking about us getting married. I promise I didn't put words in his mouth. HE wants to get MARRIED. Holy shit. He thinks getting married in a courthouse and then doing a real ceremony later would be great. I'm not exactly down with that idea nor is my mom (she will kill me). This is a HUGE step for us. Usually I sit there and talk about our wedding and blah blah blah and he sits and says "uh huh". Nope this time he got into it...and suggested ideas!! 
As if that wasn't enough to make my day...I got employment papers in the mail from New London schools to substitute. Yay!
So yes...happy day to me. Leave Halloween open next year folks :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo... yea you!

As for being happy about how it's done... remember only 2 people are getting married... make sure THEY are the ones happy... =)

Joe and Samantha said...

Getting married first was fantastic. Took SO much pressure off. Don't worry about anyone but yourself!(and Jimmy) being happy-