Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Musings

So as most of you know, I jumped on the Twilight bandwagon. It started in August....while perusing through Borders...I kept seeing billboards for this author and some book she was releasing. So i went home and did some research and noticed that the fourth and final book was coming out. Since I like vampires, I decided to read the first book. I read the 600 or so pages in an afternoon and ran back to the bookstore to buy the remaining three. It's been a while since I've been so obsessed with a book...so you can guess how excited I was to go to the first showing of the movie at midnight last night.

I went in with no real expectations....knowing that the movie would never be as good as the book. There were two packed theaters full of teeny boppers, dressed in their Twilight t-shirts, giggling anxiously. Two hours later I left the theater wanting to come back and watch it again. It wasn't great by any means. They turned some serious scenes into corny, laughable moments. I felt bad for the cast, because I'm sure their acting skills are great, but the script was less than stellar. Overall I think it worked for most of the audience and I'm hoping they fix the flaws before the sequel comes out. Until then, I will reread my books, and wish that Jimmy could be as "dazzling" as Edward Cullen. My poor boyfriend...can't hold a candle to the vampire :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah i wasn't impressed. they need a different director.

kim and i both laughed out loud when he went running up the mountain with her. although that was exactly how i pictured it... it was amusing.