Friday, June 11, 2010

Deployment Recap- Week 3

Emotional: A bit of the ole up and downs. I think that was due to mostly lack of sleep.

Physical: I finally broke out of the nap in the afternoon/only 5 hours of sleep a night routine. It was killing me. I was so bogged down with work this week that I didn't get to exercise as much....BUT...I exercised twice today and ran a mile without feeling like I was going to die...so that's a plus!


Communication: Well, after having problems with skype..Jimmy finally got ahold of me today. My initial anger kind of faded once I saw his goofy grin. We only skyped once last deployment so having it readily available this time around makes things easier/harder at the same time. It's so nice to see his face and the funny faces he makes, but at the same time it hurts too. I think I cope by the whole out of sight out of mind thing. Email is so not personal that it doesn't phase me too much, but seeing his face and hearing his voice reminds me that he's very far away from me and that I miss him a lot more than I pretend not to.


What's something fun you did this week: Heather and I went on a quest for good food. We went to this store called Stew Leonard's that has animatron puppets swinging from the ceiling (seriously, it looked like It's a Small World in there) and the aisles were like a maze...kind of like herding cows. It's quite the grocery experience and I plan on going back a few more times this deployment. We also went to Whole Foods (my fav) and spent a small fortune on stuff from there. They have a ton of vegan food there so it makes it easier for me to shop.


What are you looking forward to next week: Ceiling fans are getting installed on Tuesday! Oh, and I'm going home for Father's day weekend!

What made you happy this week: Talking to my husband and, sadly enough, watching the MTV Movie Awards. I found it to be quite funny, though I don't approve of the excessive swearing.

What made you sad this week: Finding out that I wasn't pregnant when my period was 3 days late. We were really hoping to get pregnant before deployment and have been trying for a little while. I was hoping it would happen sooner rather than later. Guess we'll have to wait til he comes home.

What do you miss the most: When we're randomly walking or sitting together and he drops a kiss on the part where my shoulder and neck meet. I like that

How's Floyd and Layla this week: Layla is a little miffed that I'm no longer allowing her to sleep on the bed. I put on the lighter duvet cover and realized just how much she sheds. It's gross. Floyd was happy he got to hear Daddy's voice today!

Pictures from this week: Since I can't figure out how to take a picture on skype (there is no button for mac users) I took a pic of the whole screen lol

No comments: