Saturday, June 26, 2010

Deployment Recap- Week 5

Emotional: Effing done with it all. Last week of these two classes that I'm taking and I have no desire to do any more work. I finally cleaned my house this week. I feel like all I do is get no sleep, go to class, and then do homework for the rest of the afternoon/evening. Rinse and repeat.

Physical: I've been so pissed that I haven't lost any weight that I have no desire to exercise. I'm trying to make an appointment with my new doctor on base but I can't do that until next week because that's when I "officially" switch from standard to prime. Between the not losing weight and my hair being in a constant state of greasiness...I want some blood work done.

Communication: Not much. I get one maybe two emails per week....and I refuse to email him until he emails me back. I don't like talking to myself. His life is boring, mine is boring, makes for boring emails.

What's something fun you did this week: Heather and I went to a free movie at a park in downtown New London! They had a screen all set up and chairs and everything! We watched "Bringing up Baby" with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn. It was a lot of fun and nice to get out of the house.

What are you looking forward to next week: These stupid classes to end!! That's about it. OH, Eclipse comes out on the 30th! I'm very much looking forward to that.

What made you happy this week: Honestly, nothing really. I've been miserable. Oh, arguing with my professor over the possible dangers of over vaccinating young children. I'm the only one who stood up to him :)

What made you sad/mad this week: See above. It pisses me off that people can't think for themselves and just take whatever anyone says as the word of God.

What do you miss this week: I could really use a good curl up on the couch and watch a movie with Jimmy night.

How's Floyd/Layla this week: Enjoying the weather! Layla has had some run ins with another neighborhood cat who keeps coming over to our yard. Layla snarls and chases the other cat away :) It makes me nervous though...I don't want anyone getting hurt!

Pictures from this week:

Ceiling fans!!! Woohoo!







1 comment:

Joe and Samantha said...

HI there!
We miss you in our house- dinner any week night, please come.
xooxoxo