Sunday, July 4, 2010

Deployment Recap- Week 6

Emotional: Not the best week, between school finishing (I'm still writing papers) and some external situations, but I have a awesome friends and family that drag me away from life, even for a moment.

Physical: Better...I started going to WW meetings this week and was welcomed into a room of mostly Grandmas who were pretty freakin hilarious and very supportive. I'm quickly finding that I don't think i was getting enough calories..but we will see when I weigh in next week. If I haven't lost anything, then I plan on getting a plethora of blood tests when I go to the doctors in a few weeks

Communication: Jimmy has been pretty consistent with the skyping, but the internet connection throughout Bahrain is pretty crappy. It makes his face all pixelated. That and we are on our 3rd pair of headphones/mic that aren't working with his laptop. Hopefully he will fiddle with them some more because talking to him in a bar is kind of difficult when I can hear everything in the background

What's something fun you did this week: I went to Block Island yesterday with Heather and it was exactly what I needed. We took the ferry over, drank a bit, rode mopeds, and ate good food! I have no idea why I haven't gone here sooner! Heather is great to remind me to get out and do stuff besides homework.

What are you looking forward to next week: Hmmm...I would say starting my new class but I'm still burnt out from these two. So, I am looking forward to handing in my psych paper tomorrow!


What made you happy this week: Fun in the sun!

What made you sad/mad this week: A whole mess of stuff that i don't have the energy/nor privacy settings to get into.

What do you miss the most: Living a normal life...free of deployments.

How's Floyd and Layla this week: Good! Hanging outside as usual.

Pictures from this week:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your outfit in that picture! we went to block island last deployment. With my dad. Although we rented a car because we had the kids. =)

sorry things are going rough. (hugs)

Stephanie said...

Thanks :) Yeah I decided I wanted to buy a big "pretty woman" hat. I hope to go back again before the end of the summer. We will see. How are things in Texas? You coming home anytime soon?

Anonymous said...

I'll be back when we get orders to move all our stuff out. Otherwise I'm gone so we can try and sell the house.

Mrs. B said...

LOVE the picture! BOO for your privacy issues.. I'm having a similar problem.