Friday, July 23, 2010

Deployment Recap- Week 9

Emotional: Better than last week. I'm channeling anger and frustration into exercising so I've been cool as a cucumber for the most part.

Physical: Holy crap I've never exercised so much in my life! I met with a trainer last week and have been working out 4-5 times a week. I tried two classes on base: Zumba Tone and Spinning. The zumba was a lot of fun but very difficult considering the gym had a broken a/c. I tried spinning after I'd already worked out with my trainer because she teaches it...I wanted to die. It's hard. Phew...will probably try it again next week.

Communication: Kind of crappy. I only got one email this week and it was all about Floyd. Great.

What's something fun you did this week: I had dinner at Heather's with her and her parents. She made this awesome quinoa and veggie salad and eggplant wrap thing which was super good. Last night Heather, Amanda, Tonya and I went to the aquarium for Cocktails with the Whales. Good food, drinks, and people!

What are you looking forward to next week: Hopefully one of my friends is coming from NY to visit for a couple of days. I'm also going with Sam to get pedicures at her mom's salon. Oh, and the murder mystery dinner train ride on Friday!


What made you happy this week: Hmm...Oh, rain!!! It's been so nice to have some rain.

What made you sad/mad this week: The scale is refusing to budge despite my best efforts. I'm telling my doc on Monday to start drawing blood and test me for whatever she thinks could be wrong.

What do you miss the most: Sex. Yep....at that point now.

How's Floyd and Layla this week: Floyd is a pain in my ass. I took him to the dog park yesterday and he found a mud lake behind a bunch of stuff and wouldn't get out of it. I had to clean the car, him, and myself when we got home. I'm pretty sure Floyd will be our one and only dog.

Pictures from this week: Here are two pics from Cocktails with the Whales at the aquarium last night. Those are belugatinis we were drinking :)






No comments: