Sunday, July 18, 2010

Deployment Recap- Week 8

Emotional: Hmmm...well I was doing pretty well til the schedule changed. So now I've decided to just pretend that it didn't as best as I can. We also found out that Jimmy's uncle has cancer so more bad news and I feel awful for my husband because he can't call his aunt/uncle for a while. Life events and the Navy never seem to work hand in hand.

Physical: Pretty good! I went to the doctor about my eye and found out it was a sty so no big deal. I met with a personal trainer on base and so I'll be doing more exercising, and I lost another 1.5. Slow and steady.

Communication: As best as it can be right now. I'm grateful that I'm still getting emails because you never know when they go on mission and stop transmitting. I'll take all I can get right now

What's something fun you did this week: I spent all day Wednesday in Providence shopping with Heather. I found this awesome skin/hair/beauty store called Lush and I got to go to Sephora which is always a treat. I went to see Inception...best movie I've seen in years. Yesterday I went with Joe, Sam, Josh, Savannah, and Joe's Mom to Stonington Vineyards for a wine/food festival. I had a great time drinking and laughing with good friends.

What are you looking forward to next week: Getting my hair cut, cocktails with the whales at the aquarium, and going to a small get together.


What made you happy this week: Getting an A in psychology and a B+ in my arthurian lit. classes that I took last month. Glad all the hard work paid off.

What made you sad/mad this week: Probably schedule changes. Lame. Totally lame.

What do you miss the most: Doing all this fun stuff without my husband. I know he would have really enjoyed the wine festival yesterday.

How's Floyd and Layla this week: Both obnoxious and shedding

Pictures from this week: Here are two from the festival yesterday!


2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Glad those of us not in CT heard about the schedule changes :(

Stephanie said...

Nobody really did...there wasn't anyone at the last meeting to conduct anything or tell anyone stuff. I heard it from somewhere else...not sure how set in stone that is either. I'm sure we'll know for sure once they pull into their next port.