Friday, August 20, 2010

Deployment Recap- Week 13

Emotional: Better..we're still working on stuff but better. Everything else is fine.

Physical: I was busy with ombudsman training (no, I have no plans on being the next ombudsman, but will step up if no one else will do it) so the gym was put on the back burner. Had my follow up appointment at the doctor's and there is nothing wrong from a thyroid, hormonal standpoint. I suppose I should be happy but I still don't know what's going on. So she's sending me to meet with the nutritionist on base and I'm going to get my cholesterol tested and will be tested for diabetes on Monday. Fun.

Communication: Good! We got to skype...well ghetto skype yesterday when he pulled into Bahrain. He used one of the computers on base and the mic wasn't working well so I could hardly hear him. I plan on doing some more skyping tomorrow.

What's something fun you did this week: The lobster bake at the winery was a good time and while ombudsman training wasn't really fun, I got a lot of information.

What are you looking forward to next week: Hmmm...more skyping? I don't have anything planned for the week and it's my last week before school starts so I'm going to try to enjoy myself.


What made you happy this week: Seeing my husband's face :)

What made you sad/mad this week: My test results from the doctor and my older brother and his lifetime of baggage.

What do you miss the most: Talking face to face...literally...not on skype.

How's Floyd and Layla this week: Good! I thought Layla got sprayed by a skunk but thank god that wasn't the case. Floyd is doing well..he needs a bath and haircut though.

Pictures from this week: Pics of Heather, Sarah and I at the lobster bake on Sunday. My first time getting lobster (was ok, but messy!)




No comments: