Friday, August 27, 2010

Deployment Recap- Week 14

Emotional: Pretty good...though I had a good cry when I watched a Navy wife on "What Not to Wear" get all made over and then greeted her husband on a pier after not seeing him for five months.

Physical: Not too bad. I took the 2 hour glucose test on base to see if I have diabetes. That sucked. It was like drinking kool-aid syrup. I also got some stuff to try to help with my breakouts. I got back to my doctor in a couple of weeks and I also meet with the dietician on base. On a good note I lost 2.5 lbs so maybe this is a sign things are going back to normal? I also took Heather to spin class and it was the first time I didn't want to die afterwards. Yay!

Communication: Well we said our goodbyes on Monday...and then I get a phone call last night from him because something broke so they're back in Bahrain til it gets fixed. I was able to skype with him for about an hour today. We're talking about how we can't wait til I can drag my behind out there to visit :)

What's something fun you did this week: I went with Heather and Sarah to the outlets to do a little shopping and then we drove back along Route 1 and had lunch at this cute little Thai place. We also went to a vintage clothing store and tried on crazy hats :)

What are you looking forward to next week: Halfway dinner is tomorrow night, which should be good. Hmmm...school, kind of. I'm excited to be busy but I know this semester is going to be tough so I need to sit down and organize when I'm doing what. I WILL NOT PROCRASTINATE!


What made you happy this week: Hearing my husband laugh at our dog while he watches him on skype....and see picture below.

What made you sad/mad this week: I watched the movie Brothers and it's just really upsetting (war, ptsd, etc)

What do you miss the most: Watching him walk through the door when he comes home from work. No matter how crappy of a day he had he always plays with Floyd for a minute and gives me a kiss.

How's Floyd and Layla this week: Sad because it rained for four days and they couldn't go out much. Floyd finally ventured outside today and I shaved him! Bath is next for both of them

Pictures from this week: I got this lovely bouquet from Jimmy yesterday. I told him I wanted flowers, so he sent them :)



No comments: