Saturday, September 11, 2010

Deployment Recap- Week 16

~Happy 61st Birthday Dad!~

Emotional: Ehhh...I was spoiled talking to my husband almost every day for a couple of weeks. Now that he's back out to sea I miss it. BUT...fall is here...which means cold weather...which means he's coming home soon-ish :)

Physical: Well, according to my lab report I don't have diabetes and my cholesterol levels are stellar. I'm an apparent model of health. So yeah, I'm done with the doctors. I'm just going to keep sticking to what I'm doing and hope I keep losing instead of gaining. I'm thinking about trying acupuncture next.

Communication: We said our goodbyes earlier this week and I sent my first email out yesterday. Not sure what they're doing but I'm pretty sure they're busy.

What's something fun you did this week: I went to Chili's last night for happy hour with Heather and wandered through Border's. I picked up a book on the port I'm supposed to be visiting. Fingers crosses that the date/place doesn't change! Today we had a boat garage sale. I donated all of my leftover crap from the last garage sale I did. OH...and my mouse traps in the shed work! Killed my first mouse last night...HA!

What are you looking forward to next week: Getting my projects started for school...and t.v. shows coming back!

What made you happy this week: Getting my research study approved so quickly. I honestly am not the most creative/original person...so to get this approved ahead of time is pretty awesome considering most of my classmates don't have a clue as to what they'd like to do.

What made you sad/mad this week: Saying goodbye to my husband. Traffic...I really effing hate traffic.

What do you miss the most: The feeling that you're married. I know this sounds awful, but my husband agrees that it's hard to feel like you're and "us" when you haven't been around the person in such a long time.

How's Floyd and Layla this week: Enjoying the cooler temperatures!

Pictures from this week: I really need to find something to take a picture of.

No comments: