Saturday, September 18, 2010

Deployment Recap- Week 17

Emotional: I've been feeling pretty zen thanks to my visit with Christine the acupuncturist on Tuesday. Not a whole lot has been bothering me (for once).

Physical: Good! I weighed myself the other day and I'm down another pound so as long as the scale keeps going in that direction, I'll be happy. I meet with my trainer again on Monday. She taught spin class this week and she's a lot tougher than the normal instructor. No pain, no gain, I suppose.

Communication: Good! We've been emailing and he's missing home/me apparently a lot more than last deployment. I try to keep his spirits up and tell him how September will be over before we know it and *hopefully* I'll be able to fly out to see him soon-ish.

What's something fun you did this week: Acupuncture! It's really pretty awesome and I'm going again next week. I also went apple picking with Heather (see below).

What are you looking forward to next week: Going home next weekend! I get to see my friends and hopefully some hot air balloons. I will also be the proud own of a $100 internet/cable/phone bill starting on Monday because I've decided to get rid of cable. Now that I have netflix and I can watch whatever I want on the Wii, I can't justify spending the extra money on channels that I don't watch.

What made you happy this week: Nothing in particular. I've just had a good week in general.

What made you sad/mad this week: Finding out that Jimmy's uncle died from cancer. He was only in his 50s and I was fortunate enough to meet him at our wedding. He was a very warm person. My heart hurts for my husband because he can't be with his family right now.

What do you miss the most: I'd settle for a hug right about now.

How's Floyd and Layla this week: Floyd ate one of my puzzle pieces so I'm mad at him right now. Layla has been eating any houseflies that come inside :)

Pictures from this week: Apple picking at Holmberg's Orchard! We also did the wine tasting (yum).






No comments: