Saturday, October 6, 2012

Deployment Weekly Recap: Week 2

Emotional: I'm doing better...it's finally October! I have a lot of things going on this month so I'll be pretty busy. Keeping busy is the only way to make it through deployment with your sanity intact. 

Physical: I got 3 days of Stroller Strides in this week so I'm feeling pretty good. I also managed to take all of my babies on a walk this week. Layla decided to follow Floyd, William and I around the block. She was pretty exhausted afterwards (fat cat).

Communication: I've had a few emails. He's been doing pretty well since he's not working as much. I'm jealous that he's getting so much sleep. 

What's something fun you did this week: I went to see Pitch Perfect with Kim. It was so nice to have a few hours of adult time. I was able to just lose myself in the movie and relax. I need to do that every once in a while.

What are you looking forward to next week: Sam and Joe are taking William for a few hours tomorrow so I'm looking forward to a nap. My Mom and in-laws are coming next weekend so I'll have some visitors and can pass the kid off.

What made you happy this week: Knowing that I have a great babysitter whom my kid seems to really enjoy being around.

What made you sad/mad this week: That my dog peed on the floor while the babysitter was here for no reason. He has also been stealing some of the baby's things and chewing them up. I'm not happy with him.

What do you miss this week: Working with my husband in the yard. I hate how he feels the need to get rid of every leaf in our yard (I believe that once the grass ends, so does the yard work). I miss seeing him out there blowing leaves around.

How's William this week: We're still working on the crib thing. He's managed to sleep in one hour spurts and not wake up during that hour, so I think that's progress from waking up every 1/2 hour. We had our appointment with his pediatrician. He's up to 14 pounds! We're on a pretty regular solid food schedule. He loves to eat and I enjoy making his food for him.

Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: I really enjoyed Pitch Perfect. The one-liners in the movie were hilarious. I plan on buying it as soon as it comes out on DVD.

Pictures from this week:

My little man all tuckered out during Stroller Strides

1 comment:

KK said...

I'm going to buy it right away to! I loved it! Thank you so much for going! We need to go to the movies AT LEAST once a month! And enjoy M&S! I've been rocking out all day to it!