Monday, October 29, 2012

Deployment Weekly Recap: Week 5


Emotional: I cried about something the other day...I think it was a Dad playing with his new baby on TV. Stupid stuff gets to me, but other than that, I'm ok...just tired.

Physical: Ugh, I feel gross from not exercising while in NY and I caught a cold.

Communication: I got a ton of emails at once and then none. This sporadic communication is slightly annoying. 

What's something fun you did this week: I took William to Lake George on a beautiful, Fall day. We walked around and had a slice of pizza (he got to gnaw on the crust).

What are you looking forward to next week: Hopefully this hurricane will pass through quietly. It's William's first Halloween and I want to take him to walk around Mystik Village in his costume.

What made you happy this week: Visiting my friends back home. I got to have an adult dinner with Kaela, Meaghan, Rich and Kaela's parents. It was lovely.

What made you sad/mad this week: That my best friend apparently doesn't have the time to see me or my child anymore. She's angry and instead of talking to me about it, she's ignoring me. It's starting to piss me off.

What do you miss this week: Good night kisses on my shoulder.

How's William this week: After a rough go of waking up every 1-3 hours, he finally slept for 8 1/2 hours straight in his crib last night. I'm hoping it stays this way for a while. He had a great time in NY. He loves all of the attention and playing with the kids.

Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: I'm digging Call the Midwife on PBS. It's pretty interesting to see how childbirth was like back in the 50s in England.

Pictures from this week:

 My cousin Justin loves to buy William funny things :)

Beautiful day on Lake George

No comments: