Friday, October 12, 2012

Deployment Weekly Recap: Week 3

Emotional: I've been doing well...no tears unless I hear a sad song on the radio.

Physical: 4 days in a row of working out. My body hurts and the scale isn't budging. Some women apparently don't lose weight until after they stop breastfeeding. I'm beginning to think that I'm one of those women...ugh.

Communication: Nada. They are busy on mission and aren't transmitting much out. It's hard not getting any email.

What's something fun you did this week: Sometimes after Stroller Strides I take William to play on the playground. He loves being outdoors and he had the best time swinging on the swings. I also had a day without my kid! I got a pedicure, took a nap, watched a movie and went shopping. It was glorious!

What are you looking forward to next week: My in-laws fly in tomorrow and then I'm going home at the end of the week. It will be nice for William to spend some time with his family.

What made you happy this week: My son is becoming so much more animated and happy. I love his huge grins and when he sings to me.

What made you sad/mad this week: Watching a 7 year old girl get into everything at a nail salon while her mother sat there getting a pedicure. The owner repeatedly asked the girl to stop and the mother kept saying the girl's name over and over without doing anything. I got so angry at the end and the girl came over to mess with the nail dryer that I was under. I told her to go and sit next to her mother because she was being rude. Yep, I told off a little girl because her mother wouldn't do anything about it. Ugh, honestly, keep your kids at home if you can't teach them how to behave in public.

What do you miss this week: I wish my husband were here to help decorate for Halloween. We both love the holiday and normally go all out decorating. I don't have the time to do it this year and I miss it.

How's William this week: He's doing well. Daytime naps are all in the crib and he's been sleeping between 7-9 hours solid at night (then some more after). We are both so much happier when he sleeps!

Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: The Vampire Diaries started back up this week. I'm so excited!

Pictures from this week:




 All smiles after a nap

Happy boy after Stroller Strides!

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

He is so stinkin cute!!!! Miss you guys!

Stephanie said...

We miss you too! You coming back anytime soon?