Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Deployment Weekly Recap: Week 12



Emotional: I've been a wreck since the shootings on Friday. 


Physical: I'm doing well, minus the lack of sleep going on here.

Communication: 1 maybe. I'm starting to get tired of the lack of communication. I could use an email right now.

What's something fun you did this week: I took William to the aquarium. It was all decorated for the holidays so he got to see lights and fish!

What are you looking forward to next week: Spending a week in the Berkshires. Skiing and Christmas!

What made you happy this week: Watching my son happily scarf down roasted red pepper hummus.

What made you sad/mad this week: The shootings made me very sad. I'm now mad at all of the political/religious crap that is now flooding facebook. I've deleted some people because I'm so over it. My main problem is people basically stating that this wouldn't have happened if God was allowed back in school. That is completely insulting to the women and children who lost their lives. We have a separation of church and state for a reason. If you want your children to have religion in their education then you, as their parent, can send them to a religious school or have them take religious education classes at your place of worship.

What do you miss this week: My husband knowing the right thing to say to calm me down.

How's William this week: He has had a rough week. I think he might be teething again. There is little sleep happening in the West household.

Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: I started watching Mad Men on Netflix. It's pretty good.

Photos from this week:
 Rolled over to get to his presents!
Playing with wrapping paper

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

I completely agree with you about the "It happened because we took God out of our schools"! I'm catholic but I fail to see how this maniac shooting up a school has anything to do with prayer and spiritual study in school?