Friday, June 20, 2008

100 Things

After reading Kim and Samantha's blog I decided to make my own:

1. I'm an Aries, and am pretty true to the characteristics
2. Autumn is my favorite season
3. I was born in CA but call upstate NY home
4. I speak French
5. Jimmy and I had our first date at a Robert Cray concert on November 11, 2005...it was a perfect first date
6. I love all seafood and indulge in Mexican food once in a while
7. I am stubborn
8. I cry when I get angry/frustrated...and only yell when I'm very, very pissed off
9. I correct people when they make spelling errors, I know it's not the nicest thing to do but I can't help it, it drives me insane
10. I have never felt more assured of myself then when I lived in France
11. I want to go back to school and get my Master's to teach
12. I never wanted to get married or have children...things change when you grow up
13. I have a younger brother who is 21 and an older half brother who is 33...I normally only say that I have a younger brother...I didn't grow up with my older brother nor have the best relationship with him
14. I hate medicine and can't wait to go off birth control during this deployment. I prefer natural healing methods and think that this entire country is overly medicated.
15. I have minors in Political Science and Art History...my interests vary
16. I want nothing but boys but can't think of any names that I love. If I have a girl she will be named Audrey Joanna...after my two grandmothers
17. I have been to almost 100 concerts...my boyfriend has been to almost 300...we like music
18. I don't think you need to sleep with someone to see if they are good in bed...a kiss will suffice
19. I have been to the following countries: England, Ireland, Canada, France, Monaco, Italy, and Spain...I want to see the world
20. I have always been an independent person and I don't like people taking care of me
21. Jimmy and I have a dog named Floyd and a cat named Layla...all subsequent animals will be named after bands/songs
22. My favorite artist is René Magritte...he's a surrealist painter...not everyone's cup of tea
23. I never thought in a million years that I would be in a love with a military man
24. I am always reading a book...ALWAYS
25. I have never been to the hospital for anything...no broken bones, no diseases, nada
26. I live in constant fear that I will not be able to have children, I'm perfectly healthy but terrified that I can't have kids
27. I love how my boyfriend knows that he MUST hold me for a few minutes before we go to bed every night..no exceptions
28. My first year of college was spent at an all-girls Catholic school...I loved it and should have stayed there (but I never would have met Jimmy)
29. Jimmy and I love playing Rock Band and Guitar Hero...I sing, he plays guitar...we really get into it
30. I like flowers...I don't really care what they are but orchids are the coolest looking
31. Jimmy is not really romantic...so when he does romantic things I appreciate them a lot
32. I was raised Catholic and go to church when I can but am open to other religions
33. I am liberal in my beliefs, my boyfriend isn't for the most part, this is ok
34. I could never imagine being an only child
35. I have mixed heritage but mostly associate myself with my Irish side. I'm also Native American on both sides
36. I love the ocean
37. I am blessed to have a man that can dance
38. I love red wine and beer
39. I didn't do much drinking or partying until after college
40. My favorite color is red
41. I eat tomatoes whole
42. I am terrified of worms, snails, and slugs
43. My mother is the oldest of 8 children...I love having a big family
44. I get angry when I think of my grandmother who died when she was 58 from smoking when I was 12...I could have still had a grandmother...
45. I get asked this question a lot, yes I am naturally blonde and no I do not dye/get highlights
46. I will spend a lot of money on makeup, not on shoes
47. I do not like to shop..If I stay in a mall for more than 2 hours I start feeling sick
48. I have a small hole above my right ear that has been there since I was born
49. I can't see things unless they are in front of my face...I hate having poor vision
50. I give incredible advice and am easy to talk to...However, I don't follow my own advice
51. I have never dated the same man twice...they are all very different...I like that
52. I have been in love three times
53. My favorite disney princess is Sleeping Beauty...I collect things from the movie
54. I love sapphires and refuse to wear diamonds unless they are conflict free
55. I think that being in a relationship is much better than being single...I don't miss it
56. My mother, brother, and I have matching moles on our hands
57. I sing...all the time
58. Cooking is something that I enjoy...I love that my boyfriend is a great cook
59. Jimmy and I don't have pet names for each other...it's simply babe... we rarely call each other by our names
60. I have an incredible relationship with my parents, I can talk to them about anything, I hope it will be that way for me and my children
61. My great-grandparents were bootleggers during Prohibition...I think that's awesome
62. Jimmy and I have not had a perfect, fairtale relationship...I think it's made us stronger in the end
63. To this day I still love to color...I always have a coloring book and crayons around
64. I can't stand it when people swear in front of children
65. I am trying to go green...I buy organic when I can, I clean with green products, and we have burlap shopping bags...Jimmy is into it which makes me happy
66. Jimmy will leave a cup with a tea bag in it and the honey out for me in the morning...if it's the weekend he will make me tea
67. I love animals and would be content to live on a farm
68. I love to camp and go hiking...I don't do it enough
69. I used to be a bitch...I've softened in my old age.
70. I think snakes are cute
71. I would love to be debt free someday...student loans are not nice
72. I read tarot cards for fun
73. I have never been so angry or so happy with someone as I've been with Jimmy...for better or for worse
74. I've seen dead people, on four separate occasions, therefore I believe in ghosts
75. I get really angry when people criticize the French...so what if they don't want to join us in Iraq...I don't blame them...and yes we liberated them during WWII...but we wouldn't be a country if they didn't come to our aid during the Revolutionary War
76. I, unlike most women I know, had a perfect first time...
77. I only like to write with blue pens
78. I have an incredible memory...I can repeat what you said and where we were...this gets Jimmy into a lot of trouble
79. I don't read Cosmo...I read Good Housekeeping
80. Jimmy and I call Paula Deen, Grandma and B.B. King, Grandpa...we would imagine that they would be cool grandparents
81. I hate onions...HATE them
82. I love watching fires...it's weird
83. My pinky toes curl under the toes next to it...My grandmother's did the same thing
84. I love cities but I prefer to live in the woods
85. My initials are SAP...I was teased for a long time for that...My intitals will be SAW when Jimmy and I get married...oh joy
86. I think deployments pretty much suck...but I know I'm strong enough to deal with it
87. Jimmy has light brown hair and can grow a full, RED, beard...and I love it
88. I don't like to sleep in past 8:30...I feel like my day has been wasted
89. I will never understand how people can go to jail for years for smoking pot yet child molesters can roam free...
90. I have a small collection of collectable barbie dolls
91. I love rollercoasters
92. I will take an intelligent man over the most attractive one anyday
93. I can be blunt sometimes...it may make people uncomfortable
94. I don't trust people right off...it takes a while
95. I love how jimmy and I will talk like sid the sloth to each other....it's schooper schweet...yes we talk like that in public sometimes
96. I secretly love how passionate Jimmy is about music...I think it's important to be passionate about something
97. I hate moving...I will be moving a lot in my life
98. I don't like that my father will be 60 soon...that's grandpa age
99. I have a close few that are my good friends and a lot of aquaintances
100. My boyfriend is my best friend

4 comments:

KK said...

You and I have a lot in common...strange! It was hard coming up with 100 things but it was tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

Whoa......we are a lot alike. Maybe having the same birthday plays a role in it! I learned a lot about you. Love this.

Joe and Samantha said...

There you go :)

Nice list!
More blog challenges on the way!
-Samantha

Cora said...

Ok, I think I need to steal this concept and do it myself!!!

Very interesting reading.

Over the years we still have things in common!