Wednesday, June 4, 2008

All You Need is Love


So I spent a lovely weekend in Queensbury for my best friend Victoria's wedding. It was exactly what I needed to get out of my feeling sorry for myself funk. We started the weekend's festivities with drinking @ Vicki's apartment for the bachelorette party (we were going to go camping but alas the weather sucks). The party was made complete with booze, inflatible penis, penis straws, sex trivia cards, and a seance. Tequila was downed by many (not me!) and funny stories were told. I had a blast! The rehearsal dinner was a big bbq @ Victoria's grandparents house. We ran through the wedding twice since there were 4 little ones participating (craziness). I spent the night with Victoria and her mom. She was so calm and I know I will not be that way at all when my day comes.

We woke up @ 5am (note to self, have a later wedding so you can sleep a little the night before) and got our hair done. It was a zoo in that house...4 children...6 bridesmaids...a bride...and two nervous parents. The florist was late with the flowers...therefore we were a little rushed with photos but I think they came out well. Once we got to the venue Victoria finally looked a little nervous...I was nervous for her the whole time. She looked absolutely amazing! My best friend is a bit of a tomboy and you never would have guessed it looking at her. The ceremony went off without a hitch! Beth set free butterflies and they clung to everyone! I had two hiding in my bouquet afterwards.

We were so busy taking pictures that we missed the 1st hour of open bar. Therefore most of the pics of me from the reception are with drink in hand. I was pretty bombed and I danced the whole freakin night. I forgot how much fun I have with my friends from high school when we all get together. I miss our girl nights of wild debauchery. It's crazy to think that we're at the age of marriage now. After going to the wedding I have the overwhelming desire to get married. I'm hoping it's temporary..as I'm sure Jimmy is too. We've talked about marriage and kids before...I'm sure it will happen someday...just not right now. Which I'm good with...for a while. I'm on a five year plan. I want to be pregnant or have a little one in 5 years. I don't want to be too old of a mom.

Speaking of Jimmy he called me all weekend long! His sub had pulled into port in FL and he apparently had a great time! I'm glad he's making friends and was able to visit a state he's never been to! I really wish he had been at the wedding though. I miss him but he'll be home soon for a little while!

On a better note I had a job interview today. It went well but I don't think I'll take the position. The hours are 11-8 and I need something that's earlier than that. I want to be able to spend time with my boyfriend before bed. So...the search is still on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a blast at the wedding. I saw all your pics on myspace and everything looked so beautiful. You're right! I would have never guessed that your friend is a tomboy, the cut on her dress; just stunning.

It is ok to turn down job possibilities. A few months ago I said no to a job that would have been $4 more an hour than I make now, but would have made me miserable. I just could not do it. Good luck in the continuing search!