Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Bushel and a Peck...

So my man is finally home and things are getting back to normal-ish. I had been up since 3:30 the morning he came in and met some of the other wives to watch the boat come in. I have some great pictures that I plan to post on here/myspace. I was waiting at the pier for what seemed like forever (Jimmy is a nuke, therefore the last group of men to get off the boat). He came over to see me briefly before he had to go and shut down the reactor. I kissed him...and it felt awkward. I was expecting elation, love, all those happy emotions and what do I get...weirdness. I started freaking out about that while I waited a few hours for him to be finished. That feeling finally went away after a couple of hours. I told him about it, and how if I felt that way only after a month, what is 6-7 months going to feel like? I was just so used to him being gone, and I had my routine going, that he seemed like a stranger in my home. Things are much better now and back to normal. He actually said the sweetest thing to me the night that he came home. He told me that the longer he was underway the more he missed me and how happy he was that we're back together and that he had me to come home to. For those of you that know our history, that was a big deal for me. For those who don't, I won't go into details but Jimmy and I have gone through a lot in our relationship and we've not always been together over the past three years. Jimmy rarely says anything to that degree so when he does, you appreciate it and let him know that. Which is just what I did! So now we're home and may try to do a few fun things before he leaves again. I have a job interview tomorrow at a pre-school/daycare center. It won't pay much but at least it will keep me busy and give me health insurance so I can go to the damn doctor. Plus I'd be around kids, and everyone knows how much I love being around children. So cross your fingers ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always looking for trusty babysitters ;)