Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Old Bucket List

To copy Kim's last blog, I found a list of things I wanted to do before I turn thirty. I'm pretty sure I wrote this when I was 20...and my how my perspective has changed. Everyone should get a good laugh out of this.

1) Live in a city (Albany doesn't count)
2) Pay off all my student loans (haaaaaaaaaa...)
3) Go to France, preferably often (Done Summer 2005)
4) Live in a nice apartment (Done, I liked our apartment in Saratoga)
5) Get my Master's (This better be done by the time I turn thirty)
6) Take horticulture classes
7) Wear a bikini (um...well I weigh less than I did then but I still have a long way to go)
8) Go on a vacation by myself
9) Go to Martinique
10) Have a stable career that I love (That probably won't happen until Jimmy retires)
11) Own one of: Lexus, Audi, Mercedes Benz (My tastes are much more economical..I want a hybrid)
12) Learn how to fix my own car (does changing a tire count?)
13)Meet a nice man who maybe I can settle down with (Sure as hell hope I've got this one in the bag...note how I didn't say marry...I didn't want to get married for the longest time)
14) Go back to Ireland...and sleep with an Irishman (I can probably do the first part...Jimmy won't like the latter)
15) Have a cat and dog (yay Floyd and Layla!)
16) Get my BA in French (done May 2006)
17) Have enough money to buy a house (Well...Jimmy and I will have enough money for a house..I guess that counts)
18) Sleep with a black man (what can I say...I was always curious)
19) Own a real Kate Spade bag (I'm hoping this may come true)
20) Feel powerful, accomplished, and happy (Wishful thinking)

So a few things are different...mainly I want kids before I turn thirty...and I kindly remind my loving man that every chance that I get. I also want to go travel some more, start a garden, get married and probably a few other things along the way :)
P.S. Still no Mac yet...alas no pictures :(

No comments: