Sunday, October 5, 2008

Rollercoasters

So September flew by and I am grateful for that. Autumn is my favorite season. I love the crispness in the air, apple everything, sweaters, and of course, changing leaves. Last weekend I ventured back home for Beth and Nate's wedding in Lake George. Sometimes I forget that CT is in a different climate zone until I realize that leaf peeping season is in full bloom in upstate NY. As I was sitting on the veranda, overlooking the mountains and Lake George, I realized how lucky I was to grow up in such a safe, beautiful part of the country. I miss it a lot sometimes and am thrilled that Jimmy wants to move back and build a home there when we're done with the Navy.

Speaking of the Navy, I've been trying to go out to see Jimmy when they pull in next. I can't tell you how many times the schedule and place has changed. It's been extremely frustrating for both of us but I'm holding strong. Work hates me enough as it is and I've tried explaining to them that my family comes first...basically everyone in our center takes way too much time off and I think they want to make an example out of the new girl. I honestly don't think they could fire me since they can't keep people there and no one applies to work there. Plus they just lost someone in our department. So for now I'm planning on hopping a plane pretty soon to destinations only known to myself and Kim. I'm looking forward to spending some time (even if it's only a little bit) with Jimmy and reaquainting ourselves. So here's to hopefully seeing my man...I can't wait to throw my arms around him and give him a big smack on the lips!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give him one from me! KFC