Saturday, October 30, 2010

Deployment Recap- Week 23

Emotional: I was fine until I watched Tuck Everlasting last night. I don't know why I pick movies that I know will make me cry. I think I need the emotional release every once in a while.

Physical: Started my dvd workout from hell again. I predict that I won't be able to walk in a few days from being so sore. Haven't been sick at all...which isn't unusual. I can't remember the last time I had a cold and I haven't have the flu since I was ten or so.

Communication: I love how I mention plans revolving around music and I get a response right away...hmm. He has New Year's off this year again so we're going to try to catch a concert. The only problem is the band he really wants to see plays in NYC, and the cheapest hotel room is 300/night. Soooo...we might take the commuter rail back to New Haven and stay there for the night. Or...we could go to Burlington to see another band we like. I'd prefer Burlington but I'm trying to give him a New Year's he wants since he gave me a low-key one last year. Decisions, decisions.

What's something fun you did this week: Um..nothing really. I did get to watch the Vampire Diaries on the night it actually airs because my professor canceled my class! Yay! Amanda, Sarah, and Heather are coming over tomorrow night to eat dinner/candy, watch scary movies, and hand out candy to the lil ones.

What are you looking forward to next week: November! This will be a happy month :)

What made you happy this week: Booking my plane tickets to go see my husband. No turning back now!

What made you sad/mad this week: Not necessarily mad, but confused at my husband's train of thought. We're going to see his family in CA and more family in WA in January during stand down. I had it all priced out and the flights are really cheap...$700 for both of us to fly to Oakland, Oakland to Seattle, and Seattle back here. He emailed me saying how he wants to visit his family in Antioch (do a bunch of stuff in San Fran), go visit his Grandma for two days a few hours north, then DRIVE the whole way to Tacoma, stopping overnight in Portland. All in 8-9 days. I laughed. There is no way we could spend enough time with people and do that. Plus renting a car and driving it...in JANUARY...through the MOUNTAINS...it's not safe nor cost effective. I had to squash that idea. Maybe some other time when the weather is nicer.

What do you miss the most: I miss kissing. Real kissing. I told him I want to make out for an hour when I see him. :)

How's Floyd and Layla this week: Floyd has decided to start hiding/sleeping under the bed again. I thought we broke him of this habit a long time ago. I guess not. He growls at me when I try to move him.

Pictures from this week: Happy Halloween!



No comments: