Monday, October 4, 2010

Deployment Recap- Week 19

Emotional: Well it started off ok then kind of went down the crapper by the end of the week. School is starting to stress me out as well as the ever changing boat schedule.

Physical: I have no idea. I had a really awesome stomach ache the entire ride home from MA yesterday

Communication: Email has been lacking. We didn't get to skype until last night because he had duty on Saturday and I had already made plans for yesterday. I refuse to cancel my plans because the boat pulls in early. Not my problem.

What's something fun you did this week: I went to Oktoberfest down at Ocean Beach. We got to sample all sorts of beer and judged a chowder contest. I also went to King Richard's Fair yesterday with Sarah. We rented costumes, watched a tournament, got my fortune told, and ate some food. It was pretty awesome.

What are you looking forward to next week: I think my aunt is coming down on Sunday to spend a few days here. I'm also looking forward to paying off Jimmy's car.

What made you happy this week: The fair...and The Vampire Diaries...that makes me happy every week.

What made you sad/mad this week: Boat schedule (x2), missing class because the rain was so bad I couldn't see while driving, poor communication, etc.

What do you miss the most: I don't know. I'm so used to being alone now.

How's Floyd and Layla this week: Floyd and I attempted to have a heart to hear this weekend. Layla tore a chipmunk in half and left it out for me...so sweet.

Pictures from this week: This was all I could upload


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I don't know. I'm so used to being alone now."

oh DITTO this one.

Not sure if it's going to get better or worse with the next boat...

Stephanie said...

I hope it will be better for you...I can't imagine a worse schedule than this boat's