Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Deployment Weekly Recap: Week 9


Emotional: I was a little sad over Thanksgiving because my husband wasn't there to celebrate. It's hard going through all of William's first holidays without his Dad.


Physical: I was home, so once again, not much going on. Oh, and we're both stuffy again :(

Communication: I got two emails on Thanksgiving! 

What's something fun you did this week: I went to my 10 year high school reunion. I swore that I would never go because frankly, I didn't really care for high school and I'm still friends with the people that really mattered. I ended up staying for 4 hours chatting with people and drinking. It was more fun than I thought it would be.

What are you looking forward to next week: My mom's friend from high school has this crazy holiday party every year. He lives about 20 minutes from me and we always have a great time. The best part is he cans food from his garden and gives away tons of food at the end!

What made you happy this week: Making gingerbread houses with my friends and son.

What made you sad/mad this week: That my mother and I spent all day cooking on Thanksgiving and we still put away the leftovers because neither my brother nor father got up to do it. VERY RUDE!

What do you miss this week: Our right-before-sleep conversations that we have in bed. 

How's William this week: He had a great time visiting my family in NY, but now he is congested again and not sleeping well. It's like having a newborn all over again!

Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: I'm enjoying the last season of Gossip Girl

Pics from this week:
 Playing in his new sled!

Enjoying the snow with Grandpa

No comments: