Saturday, July 5, 2008

Finances, and Paperwork, and Deployment oh my!

So with this deployment rearing its ugly head soon we've been trying to get everything situated ASAP. There has not been nearly enough time between Jimmy being home and leaving again meaning the financial talk has been put off for a while....thus leading to another episode of me crying because I'm frustrated. We finally figured out a few things yesterday but I still fear that some things aren't being taken care of. When someone is gone for six months a lot of crap can happen. So basically I'm still stressing out about things and I'm once again at the point where I wish he would just leave and get it over with. I know that's a horrible thing to say but I the waiting period is no good and I feel like we're just drawing out the whole goodbye.
On a lighter note I've rediscovered cribbage! Jimmy has a cribbage board and we started playing the other night. We proceeded to drink and play cribbage late into the night and discovered the next morning that neither one of us can drink like we used to. I'm looking forward to my six months of next-to-no alcohol. We've also found a park nearby that has a lake for us to swim in. We've brought Floyd and he enjoys it...a bit too much perhaps. He swam to me and it was where I couldn't touch. I missed catching him and he basically scratched my entire back and I have a huge,red gash under my right eye...I'm looking like a hot mess right now. So, note to self, don't try to hold Floyd anymore while we're in the water.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Well, at least you have cribbage. :o)

Welcome to the Navy family.

Joe and Samantha said...

You are NOT alone.
I asked Joe the other day what to do if the roof caves in. He just looked at me. I replied, " Ok... overkilll..."

But...now that I think about it...what should I do? LOL

Just leave already I say!

Joe and Samantha said...

oooh beer.
That's a good idea.
Beer solves anything.

Maybe we need to schedule a six pack night even if your place doesn't light on fire or my roof doesn't cave in.

I'll host.
:)Samantha

Joe and Samantha said...

Hi there.
Yep. I'll be there. I think around 11:30 or so.

:)Samantha