Friday, July 25, 2008

It's About Time...

So after waiting, very impatiently, for a phone call from Jimmy, I finally got one yesterday. I had been an emotional wreck the past few days, knowing that all of my friends got phone calls, and wondering where mine was. Apparently he had tried calling me several times but there was something wrong with a number he had for his calling card and he kept getting Canada. So he somehow managed to get through and we had 15 mins to talk...and that's all I needed. He had a wonderful time in France (I knew he would) and wrote letters to me about everything he was seeing. I cried the whole time we were talking, and tried not to be too mad at him for the whole calling thing. I had to explain to him how embarassed I was that the man whom I gush about and say how wonderful he is, didn't call me right away. He understood and knows that next time, if he's having issues, to email me and say so. I'll be fine with that. He was so sweet on the phone, saying how much he missed me and loved me. I miss him so much...
To make things even better I received a card from him yesterday that he sent to his mom to mail to me. A very sweet I miss you already card...and discs one and two of LOST Season II! I'm super psyched and now have something to watch at night. I went over to Sam's house last night for dinner and wine with her and Kelly. Almost two bottles of wine later...we were laughing hysterically about the silliest things. I love girls' nights..especially with my friends from the boat...we all know what we're going through and no one else can really understand it. So now I'm off to work...I got my first paycheck today...woohoo!

5 comments:

Joe and Samantha said...

haha- I love your bye bye sailor boy song!

Anyway- Good times last night. Isn't it amazing how we all need the same things at the same time- In this case- some laughs and stupid guys stoires~

Good times.

KK said...

I'm glad you got your call! Hes not the only one who kept getting Canada...hahaha.

Anonymous said...

I'm smiling for you! Hope you got some sleep. YAY for your first paycheck. Karyn

Amaze-a-zing Anna said...

Girl, I totally understand. It's taken Josh a long time to learn the Right and Wrong ways to communicate with me while they're deployed... last time, on their way home, they were in port in Spain for 8 days and he called me ONCE. (I will never let him live that down!) Of course he had (in his mind) a good reason, but I was crushed... you'll both learn as you go! :) I'm glad you had a good conversation with Jimmy at last.

BTW, I'll be down this weekend and hope some girls can get together again, maybe Sat. night-- I'll be in touch. I need my dose of Alex wife commiseration too!

Amaze-a-zing Anna said...

Hey, sorry to keep leaving posts but I don't have your email or phone. Just wanted to let you know we're meeting at Sam's again Sunday evening so I can get my share of girl time. :) She works till 6 so it will be a little after that-- dinner, drinks, etc. I'll get your phone number tomorrow and give you more info, just wanted you to have the heads up now.