Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's Been a Hard Day's Night...

So I haven't had much free time to blog since I started my new job. I am an associate teacher in an infant classroom at a childcare facility in the area. I'm still getting used to things and pray that once we get the kids on a schedule...it will be a little more calm. Going from not working at all to a classroom of 7-8 children all under the age of two is a little chalenging. Yesterday the lead teacher left for an emergency at 11 leaving 7 kids to me and my co-worker. She just got transferred to this classroom and I'm brand new. We somehow made it through...even with 4 crying children all at once. I'm hoping that things get better because I really don't want to change jobs again for a while. This job doesn't pay much at all and if I can't take care of my bills, groceries, and paying my credit card down....I may have to look elsewhere.
I've been doing really well in dealing with this deployment. I hadn't cried really and I've been so busy this week that I haven't had time to think about it. The only time I got upset was last night at our family support group meeting. One of the guys from squadron was talking and announced that all non-spouses had to leave the room because he would be discussing the boat's schedule (aka when and where they were pulling into). Well that made me upset even though I knew I'd get the information from some of my friends after he left. Between that and one of the master chiefs telling Jimmy that he didn't "give a fuck if he has a girlfriend", I'm kind of pissed. I understand their reasoning, but I am his person of contact and should be entitled to information. I can't get on base, have his benefits, or do a whole lot of other things because we aren't married...and I'm fine with that...but the main reason I go to these meetings is to get any shred of information. So yeah...the Navy (not the fsg or my ombudsman because it's not them whatsoever) can go fuck itself.
On a better note I missed a UPS delivery for flowers yesterday. I plan on picking them up today and will post a picture later. Jimmy has never sent me flowers before so this should be good :)

5 comments:

Joe and Samantha said...

:) So we have to meet.
I'm the one that everyone got mad at - because I *gasp* suggested that maybe we could let "families" have a hug. I wasn't Oh so thrilled with the meeting either- LOL

Anyway- Let's get our schedules out- Come over for a drink. :) How does your Friday night look?

Samantha

KK said...

If you need anything call me. Ilene is going to fix it so it doesn't happen again.

Yay Jimmy! How sweet of him!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about the flower delivery! Karyn

Joe and Samantha said...

Got your message. Sent you an email about Friday.
Let's get some pictures up of those flowers!

Cora said...

Awww, flowers! That is so sweet! I am sure that are absolutely beautiful.


Looking back over your pics your hair seems so much longer than the last time I saw you. I like it, a lot!

Speaking of. I just chopped mine. Yes, CHOPPED!