Thursday, January 15, 2009

About Time

As I'm sure most of you know Jimmy is home now. He came home Saturday afternoon to a cold and snowy Connecticut. I surprisingly got 6 hours of sleep the night before, made sure the apartment was spotless, got beautified and headed to Sam's for breakfast and mimosas (mmm). I made myself stop drinking after four...his first sighting of me didn't need to be a drunk one :) So we stood on the pier for what felt like FOREVER (probably because it was so cold that I couldn't feel my toes) and then they lowered the plank and the men started piling off. Wouldn't you know it that I was one of the last ones waiting for my man :) Then I spotted him, can't mistake the molest-a-stache he was sporting, and I attacked him :) Poor guy had roses for me that I crushed...I just didn't want to let him go. In spite of how angry I was about him buying a 2k rug (which we talked about and got over....though I plan to use that as the running joke of the year), my anger melted away once I saw his goofy smile. 
He is on leave so we were able to go home right away. Floyd was so excited to see his Daddy and they went back to being best friends in no time. We opened Christmas presents and he got me some lovely things from the countries that he visited. Perfume from France, an evil eye bracelet from Turkey, a stuffed monkey from Gibraltar, and....a matching diamond and sapphire necklace and earrings. Sapphires are my favorite and they are gorgeous :) I got him a bunch of cds that he wanted, Wall-E, some new ties to match his new suits, and beer! We sat and played on our new Mac for a while then I cooked stuffed sole, asparagus, and brown rice for dinner and we watched a David Gilmour dvd and went to sleep eventually ;)
We have stumbled back into our routine with almost no weirdness. A few times we've been short with each other and I swear if he leaves the seat up one more time I'm going to stick his head in the toilet! Other than that we've been having fun! We went to Providence and looked at rings and went to Dave and Buster's for lunch and games! I kicked his butt at Mario Kart and he smoked me at air hockey. We've resumed our hunt for a house and are already pre-approved for our loan. We start looking next week :) This weekend we're off to NH for my cousin's wedding. Our trip to NYC has been cancelled due to Steve Winwood being a dick and cancelling his concert....Jimmy was none too happy. Other than that just enjoying each other's company and talking about our wedding at the end of the year. I guess you could say I'm engaged now:)

1 comment:

Joe and Samantha said...

I miss you.
:) YAY on being engaged.

Love,
Sammmmmm