Sunday, January 25, 2009

Busy Bees...

So my apologies for not updating recently, but Jimmy has been on leave and well, we've been busy. We had a fabulous time last weekend in NH for my cousin's wedding. I was the maid of honor so we went up early on Friday and took a detour to the Long Trail brewery in VT before rehearsal festivities. The brewery is basically across the street from where I used to live in VT and it is fantastical (my new favorite word). We had a great lunch and got to see my favorite beer, blackberry wheat, being made. The rehearsal and dinner was a good time. A lot of people got drunk at dinner (not us) and thought it would be funny to steal the decorative drink cups from the restaurant. My cousin left her purse there and the restaurant held it hostage until the cups were returned haha. The wedding was beautiful and my cousin looked incredible...as did her groom in his white and red pimp suit. Jimmy looked hot in his new suit from Bahrain and the tie that I got him for Christmas. We danced a lot that night and I got so many compliments from my drunk family members on how I picked a good guy...then of course Jimmy got the "you better treat her right" speech by my uncles :) I caught the bouquet and told Jimmy that he HAD to catch the garter....did he? NOPE. So I had someone else reaching up my dress putting the garter on. Highly amusing. The drunk lot of us decided that swimming would be a good idea after the wedding. So I figured I could swim in my underwear and a t-shirt. Jimmy told me no...like really told me no. Chalk that up to the first time he's been protective of me. We had a blast beating each other up in the pool and J and I won in a chicken fight against my brother and his gf Bridgette. All in all, a fantastic weekend!
This past week we've been busy looking at engagement rings (I found one!) and houses. We've got three houses that are in the running and are looking at one more candidate next week. Then we'll figure out which one we like best and put an offer in. Let's hope this time it works. Jimmy went back to work today so I get a full day to do whatever I want....which will probably consist of cleaning, and maybe going to the movies. I will try to update more...especially on engagement and house stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great an update!!! Sounds like a fun wedding and I'm sure yours will be too! kfc