Sunday, January 4, 2009

Drinking and Bowling...Life is Good

So I've been trying to keep myself as busy as possible during the home stretch of deployment. Time seems to be creeping by so I try to fill the void with fun things. I helped Sam out doing inventory in return for pizza from our favorite pizza place in Mystic. After a week of no carbs....god did it taste so good. Sam, Eric (Joe's friend), and I went bar hopping throughout Mystic and had fantastic dessert at Azu....so much fun!
Last night was the bachelor/bachelorette party in NH. After the limo debacle I wasn't looking forward to the night at all. We settled on bowling and boy was I grateful. I had a blast with my crazy family and bowled incredibly for drinking a bit of beer. Go team F.U.!!
Time is winding down now and I'm trying to get things ready. I was thinking about how I had to go grocery shopping at some point, and I'll have to buy for two. I'm trying to remember what he likes to have in the house for food and I'm coming at a loss. I did make sure to have my parents bring some bbq chips from Stewart's (best convenience store only found in Upstate NY). I'm excited and nervous at the same time. We reconnected instantly in Bahrain but I worry it will be different here. I'm very much in my routine here and I take care of everything. I manage the money, get stuff taken care of, clean, care for the animals, etc...and now I have to share that again. You think I would jump for joy but I like being independent. It will be worth it in the end...and I'm probably making a mountain out of molehill. Only time will tell. I can't wait to kiss him though...molest-a-stache and all!

No comments: