Friday, January 9, 2009

Horoscope for the Day....

So I read my horoscope and laughed hysterically at how ironic it was: Keep your friends and family informed as to what you are thinking of doing today. Five minutes earlier I was wondering how I was going to update my blog in a tactful manner. I try not to air out relationship issues over my blog because it's completely one-sided. Then again, this is my blog, and is more or less an online diary of sorts. Needless to say, with homecoming being uber close at hand, Jimmy and I are probably in the worst argument of this whole deployment. Great timing....and no I didn't plan it...it's all his bad timing. Basically he made a HUGE purchase without discussing it with me and tried to hide it by using a different credit card than normal. I lost my mind because we are getting married, buying a house, going to CA, I'm going back to school, I'm only substituting right now, ALL IN THE SAME YEAR. So to say I am upset is sort of an understatement. In marriages (and yes I know we aren't married yet but since our finances are combined, we are financially) I assumed that couples talked and decided on big purchases together. I think anything over a few hundred dollars is in need of joint approval. Apparently I am mistaken...or Jimmy just thinks that doesn't matter. So now I've come up with a great revenge scheme that doesn't cost us anything, and in the end will be saving some money...and no it's not the "no concert" rule I was originally thinking of. It's better. He doesn't understand why I'm upset which makes things worse. I plan on basically greeting him on the pier then punching him in the balls. I would like to thank my wonderful family and Samantha from talking me off the proverbial ledge. I am praying that we can move past this and that he will never, EVER do this again...because frankly...I won't marry him if he plans to.
There is my one deployment, hate on Jimmy, post. I still love him, I still am anxious to see him, I'm still planning our future. I am fully confident that the next post will be one of happiness and lovey dovey crap. Until then I will keep myself busy with cleaning and preparing for his arrival...and trying not to throw things :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

::snicker::


can i just say... oh mannnn how i feel for you. this whole deployment (seems like) nate spent way too much money. not to mention we need food to feed his kids.

it's like he leaves and feels like some single sailor over there. what the hell???

Stephanie said...

It's funny too because I was bragging about how good he was doing since I lost my job...hardly spending anything in port. Then this...I'm trying to stay positive so I don't shoot him when I see him

Anonymous said...

this past paycheck i had to pay like 644 worth of utility bills (cause it's been so cold)... combine that with all our other bills, i had like 150 left in the bank... to hold me over until the 15th. ridiculous.

Stephanie said...

ouch...I'm sorry darlin. I think we should start a support group for wives that have financially irresponsible men!!
You coming to Kim's tonight?

Anonymous said...

oh yes. see you there.

Anonymous said...

I think it's being enclosed with so much testosterone that they end up beating their chests & grunting "we are man" that they lose their heads and do stupid things. BUT - they get home and reality sets in and (hopefully) they realize they might not have wanted to do what they did! At least I HOPE they realized! He did good tho - only 2 bumps in the road!