Thursday, January 29, 2009

Keep on Running...



As much as I hate it when Jimmy has duty...I sure do get a lot done. Today I decided to look at wedding dresses. By myself. Yep...I got that sad smile from everyone who saw me and I had to explain that my bridal party and my mother are all 3 hours away. I had a great time at a boutique in Providence that I thought carried a certain line but apparently they don't anymore. No worries...I still found a few dresses to try on. I laughed with the sales girl about how I couldn't fit into most of the dresses (sample sizes ran around a 10 on average), but not to worry, I planned on doing the whole starvation thing right before the wedding haha. Well I found two dresses that addressed everything that I wanted...ivory, some form of sleeve, a-line, and simplistic. The more I think about them the more I am leaning to one dress. It's a little pricey but the fabric is wonderful and it looks great on me. So basically I told my mother she needed to come up ASAP so I can take her and we can buy it. I also went to David's Bridal since their dresses are cheaper and I had a question about bridal party stuff. I had heard mixed reviews about them and after today, I don't think I want to buy my dress there. The salesgirl kept trying to tell me that a huge veil and blusher would be best (I don't like long veils) and that petticoats would fill it out (I HATE poof). Then when I found one that was ok she wanted to go ahead and order it....without my mother being there. "It could be a surprise for her". Ugh. Pushy salespeople piss me off. So my mom will be coming down in a couple of weeks and I'll show her the two that I like and hopefully we'll have a dress!!
Tomorrow it's back to looking at houses. I'm hoping that we come to a decision tomorrow. We have one possible candidate that Jimmy likes and I'm not too thrilled with but will make do with it if I have to. Houses, and weddings oh my! Shoot me please :)

P.S The dress comes with attachable cap sleeves which I plan on wearing :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...very nice. Love the back. kfc

Mrs. B said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

KK said...

I'm so excited for you! Thanks for going to the movie with me a few weeks ago. You saved me!

We need to get together soon!